A nonprofit organization, God's Marketplace, Inc is an umbrella organization including a Thrift Store, Home Center, Food Pantry and Support Center that seeks to minister to the whole person in Wilkes County.
We are a 501(c)3 corporation and receive donations from our partner agencies, churches, and individuals.
Our Food Pantry is a partner with Sanctuary Church and with Golden Harvest Food Bank in Augusta.
The purpose of this corporation is:
-to Support faith-based initiatives
-to operate a community Food Pantry
-to operate a Thrift Store
-to engage in other community support functions that are not supported by other agencies or groups.
How God’s Marketplace Operates
· Participating churches make monthly contributions
· Donations are received from individuals, businesses, and organizations
· Donations are accepted in the form of food, clothes, furniture, and other household items.
· The center is staffed by participating volunteers.
· Services are rendered in the form of emergency food and thrift store items.
· Recipients are interviewed before assistance is extended.
God’s Marketplace, Inc. works with other organizations in the community (such as Wilkes County Department of Family and Children’s Services, Mental Health, and Community Connections).